Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Morning After

So I just erased all my crazy attempts at post from last night on my phone, they were a disaster and I hope no one read them.

I was taken back to the IMC ER at about 5 pm yesterday. I talked to my Dr. about my symptoms and he was worried about brain swelling and wanted to get another MRI. It was chaos everyone running around Sawyer was leaving for Phoenix in a few minutes, Miles was going to the Syracuse Game but luckily my mom was on her way home from work so within 5 minutes I was headed to Murray from West Point. I immediately had to start preparing myself for the MRI, I hate them and in the last couple weeks I have tried to pull myself out of them. So Vicky turned on the AC and a classical station and we were on our merry way. Bryon was already there waiting bless his heart. We got to the ER a little after 6 and they were able to get me ready and waiting in a room pretty quick. When I got surgery last week the nurses kept telling me what a hard stick I was 2 different nurses tortured me with huge IVs and I was not looking forward for another, also every time a drug was pushed into these nurses IV lines it was unbearable pain, so I was nervous waiting for more hard sticks, the ER nurse came in I warned her I was a hard stick and I would try not to cry and this amazing woman said she had a lot of practice so no worries, she poked me once and it was painful but really not that bad...I could not believe it I wanted to kiss her! I was not a hard stick for this girl but 2 grown women. Then a new nurse came in with the Valium oh I love Valium and it didn't hurt when she put it in as well as some steroids. We waited about 30 more minutes then the MRI tech came and got me in a wheelchair, I told her I would need someone to hold down my legs during the procedure so Bryon came along for that fun job. She strapped me in and told me to think happy thoughts. I thought about swimming in cold Bear Lake with Bryon, Tameron, Wendy and their kids as well baby names I love, very random but they both helped. Since my right side was so numb I could hardly feel Bryon holding my legs, which I gave him crap for after. It lasted about 35 minutes, and man someone needs to get back to improving MRI machines, why are they so loud????

We went back to my room and this was a long wait it took till about 9 for the ER Dr. to stop by and tell us there was swelling and they were waiting for the surgeon on call to get back to them. At ten they said that I could be discharged but they were increasing my steroids big time as well as my pain meds. I was so happy, I got to go to Murray and sleep in my bed and watch all the crap TV I was missing! My mom headed home and Bry and I went to Del Taco for the best cheese quesadilla of my life. We started the latest episode of Top Chef Las Vegas, it was pretty good but no favorites yet. This is where the restlessness hit me, I guess the Valium had worn off, I could not sit still, I wanted to pick my staples in my head, my face, my arm, the pain meds still not helping at all and honestly I don't think they ever did that night. I just took a benadryl, ambien and xanax and finally at 3 I fell asleep, until 6 when I took more percocet but couldn't sleep so I decided to add pictures to my phone book for all my incoming calls. I should be in bed now, Bry is out getting my new prescriptions, water and bananas, back to the diet!

Hopefully my path to healing will have no more road blocks, I am getting my staples out on Tuesday and I can't wait to wash my hair, maybe even a new color!(please give suggestions!) I think I am gonna try to go to the college of massage therapy today, in my ramblings from last night I deleted, I wrote I wanted a free spa day but the college is pretty cheap and usually they have great massages, unless someone wants to send me to the spa, that would just fine too! Talk to you soon and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: