Saturday, August 8, 2009

The beginning of the story

This is my story so far, how it started, what I did.
I have been having numbness on the entire right side of body starting in March 2009, I saw my Primary Care Physician at the Tanner Clinic, and he said it was stress related and gave me a prescription for Xanax(who says no to a script for Xanax), the numbness stopped but it started again last week and I wasn't able to work so I made another Dr. appointment for Wednesday the 8/5 I went numb on my way there on the freeway, very scary so I just decided to go to LDS er. I had 2 CT scans and 2 attempted ... MRI's I was so claustrophobic I couldn't get in. The er Dr. said they found something and really needed an MRI so they heavily drugged me and I tried again, 3 hours later and they said it was most likely a tumor. I then went by ambulance to IMC and was admitted late last night. On Thursday 8/6 I did a million and 1 tests including having a catheter put in my groin and having it pushed up to my brain to try and stop blood from feeding the tumor is was so so painful. It went pretty well and my surgery to remove the tumor will be on Monday or Wednesday about a 5 hour surgery and then at least a 5 day stay. I am really scared and as shallow as it seems I don't want my head shaved! My surgeon is very optimistic and thinks all will go well and my motor skills should be back to normal in a couple months, I have however lost a lot of strength on my right side but again my surgeon thinks that will improve with time.

5 comments:

  1. We love you and are with you! No worries, we will make your hair gorgeous, lady! You are beautiful no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holly this is your long lost friend katie colohan hartshorn and i am so sorry to here about this, you are a strong lady and you will pull through this. You probably have heard that a million times, but I will keep you in my prayers. Having a sick baby or being sick is so uneasy it makes you cry just thinking about it, but things work them selves out in funny ways. Hang in there and stay positive, also keep loved ones close to you they will be your rock when you need someone to lean on or a shoulder to cry on. Hope all goes well!!!!! Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly I am so sorry you are going through all of this, anything to do with your own health is so scary, but it sounds like it will all be okay great thing they caught it now! Hang in there, I will be thinkin and praying for ya. And just think how healthy and gorgeous your new year will be when it grows back in :) Good luck with everything. Keep us posted. OXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly I've had a couple Brain Surgeries - including one just last month - you'll do just fine, recovery for me on this last one hasn't been as quick as I had hoped but sometimes I think I am superman so I have been discouraged but everyone keeps telling me it's only been a few weeks so stay the course. You'll do better than me - I know it.
    Cousin pete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly
    Keep up the positive thinking. Let me know if you need to talk or anything. I have also had tumors removed and know how scarey it is not knowing what to expect from the surgerys. I can't believe they did not put you out when they did that cath thing to stop the bleeding. When they did it on me they did and reading your blog that it hurt I am glad they did.
    Thinking of you
    Christina meecham

    ReplyDelete