Sunday, August 16, 2009

ICU (but I don't miss you)

I have now been moved to a regular in-patient room on the seventh floor, room #702. The drugs have already kicked in so this may be short, or may end up being a drug-induced novel. It was a busy day beginning with an egg and cinnamon scone combo meal - not so good. But the oatmeal was delicious, followed by the custom made chocolate milk brought to me by my sweetheart.

It was a busy day with many visitors. And it seemed as though each time a new group showed up they had just replenished my drug intake, making visiting hours quite interesting. It was great to see everyone even though my eyes were rolling to the back of my head in between sentences, kinda how they are right now.

I had a long session of physical therapy with Bob, whom my dad believes to be a misguided janitor. We even took a long walk and stood at a beautiful viewing window that overlooked the Salt Lake Valley. This is the place. Ha ha. I did experience some pain but I do think it was a good thing to do and felt good to be out of bed for a while.

I got a few back rubs today from mothers, and brothers and lovers. I am so sore. I also received my second Vicky Vaughn sponge bath, which was quite heavenly. It's great to have the support of my family and be in a facility that can take care of my many, many needs. And I love Sonic creamslushes.

4 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you up and walking. Your visitors were all so very kind to come and spend some time with you. You've had lots of get well wishes from Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Neighbors through phone calls. Everyone is sending those positive vibes through the universe that you'll have a full recovery and be back 100% very soon. xoxo, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly I am so glad to here each day gets better for you. Hope the days to come will be just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly I am so glad you are up and moving and on your way to recovery. I have been thinking so much about you and I wanted to call your mom to check on you and hear how everything went but I didnt want to bug her!! I forgot you had this blog, Im glad you are updating. We are praying for you and Im happy your mom is there to give you sponge baths, what a great woman she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir Duke & I just wanted to say git `r done & speedy recovery!!! Looking forward to seeing you soon - hopefully this sunday @ g & g's casa!!!

    ReplyDelete