Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where The Wild Thing Are

And it was still Hot....




I love that line. It is the last line of one of my most favorite books ever written, Where the Wild Things Are. This book was read to me countless times as a child. Me and my brothers loved it and when other books were read to us the line And it was still Hot was always added at the end. As I grew older and began babysitting and being a nanny I did the same, the book ended and It Was Still Hot.

I had my MRI Monday and of course me being claustrophobic was dreading it, but my Dr had planned an IV with a lovely cocktail of drugs so it would be better. I got there way early, I sat in the waiting room and It was still Hot was all I could think of plus being in a coffin. I honestly have never sweated so much in my life, my hair was drenched, people were staring. I finally got called back and the real fun began, the IV poke plus drugs, the wet wash clothes they just put over my face, the nurse who commented on my Moon Face and said "It must be so hard to look in the mirror" (ouch) and then into the MRI machine which is totally a freezer I can't believe I am going to say it but it felt good in there, the nurse who said I was ugly massaged my feet for 40 min. and then I was OUT!

It felt like I had been there all day but when I got home it was 3pm. The first thing I did was take my meds because I hadn't taken them yet then I called my dad. I told him about the experience and how I thought of And It Was Still Hot and right there on the phone he told me the story of Where the Wild Things Are, it was just how I remembered it but with little sprinkles of Brad added in because he was telling it from memory, Max still sailed to the land of Wild Things, they roared their terrible roars, and gnashed their terrible teeth and there was a wild rumpus of course. It was a needed break from my life. I felt good after that until 10 pm. Then I broke. I won't give you much details just say that I cried like a child who had been read a lovely story at 3pm but decided to cry from 10 to 11pm till was given a Xanax and sent to bed.

So the moral of the story is I am a child, I love stories and sometimes I cry a lot and need to be sent to bed. Oh and I sweat alot.

2 comments:

  1. that movie comes out around our birthdays. i think it would be very fitting for us to go and see it.
    -Miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh yes We must see it! A Holly and Miles party we can go to Chili's and steal steak knives then go see the movie!

    ReplyDelete