Saturday, September 12, 2009

Oh What A Beautiful Morning Oh What A Beautiful Day.....

I've got a wonderful feeling, Everything's going my way?

My most favorite of all flowers is the Dahlia. I decided I needed one or a whole lot. I started calling around to local flower shops, you know Clearfield House of Flowers, Tony's Villa even Fruit Flowers which only makes edible flower creations, and about 5 more, no one had a Dahlia. I was very sad but I figured when I got back to SLC I could find a beautiful Dahlia no problem. Late last night I had an idea...maybe they had flowers at the SLC Farmer's Market! Yes! They must! Flowers and Farmers! Of Course! So I got on my phone with internets and found out the time they open and texted Bryon who was sleeping soundly next door, the couch was my bed because I was having a sleepless movie watching night, I watched On the Beach, it was enjoyable but the book was better.

So I set my alarm on my phone for 7:45 and it said this alarm is set for 3 hour 36 min. from now, well goodness I thought better just close my eyes and try, well it worked and at 7:40 Bryon woke up because he does not sleep in on the weekends ever, he takes drives, and said to me "Market Time!" and we were off! I looked like a scarecrow what with my new black scarf to cover my terrible rash and my straw like hair, but I was excited. This was my first time at a farmer's market after all.

I emptied my purse to hold any purchases and we walked into Pioneer Park. It was not packed but there were plenty of people, pets and booths. There were arts and crafts and vegetables and fruits and breads and cheeses, it was amazing! We decided to find the flowers first of course and after about 25 booths we made it, I believe it was the lone flower booth and the selection looked lovely, they had Dahlia's! Thank the heavens! I decided to get a bouquet with a nice mix of flowers. I was so pleased, I mean really pleased my Moon Face smiled, painfully smiled. We then took on the rest of the market. We got some danishes and strawberry limeade for breakfast, some corn because it is so good with butter, Sriracha hot chili sauce and parmesan cheese, a baguette and got a free bag from Select Health. The market was a huge success. We took our items and headed home.

I was a bit sleepy what with all the walking and the not sleeping the night before so I took my morning meds and at 10am went back to bed. It was a glorious nap. I slept till 1:15 pm when Bryon returned from a day trip to Provo. I then spent the afternoon doing whatever I pleased. I attempted to arrange my flowers, they did not really turn out as perfect as I would have wanted but after 20 minutes I was killing my good day so I stopped and put them on my messy table. They brighten the place right up. I then had a lunch of Market baguette and Uncle Mike tomatoes, wow it was good. We had plans to spend the rest of the day with my sister in laws Wendy and Tameron, plus all their adorable kids. It was so much fun and my sweating was minimal! We talked and played and ate. These ladies are amazing cooks I am serious, we ate the most delicious Chile Verde and quesadillas. It was a day of great food and the Verde topped it! Wendy is a massage therapist and she rubbed my dead arm, she is the best.


Basically this day was good, I give it a 8.5 because unfortunately my mood did not last when we got home, a girl can only be good for so long. So sorry Bryon and Taylor (Bryon's nephew who is staying the night) for all my outburst and crankiness tonight. I will leave you all tonight with picture of my flowers please enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment