Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Good Book

A good book for me is never hard to find. I could spend hours at Ken Sanders or Barnes and Noble looking at books, touching books, and reading a few lines. I don't often buy anything because I am poor but just being around the words makes me happy. I have a few books that I have read at least a dozen times, Bryon things it is so strange that I can pick up Slaughter House Five for the 13th time and still enjoy it, same goes for Harry Potter I am not ashamed to admit those are good books. At Ken Sanders I love to look at the children's section and the occult section, is that weird? The books there have a story, last Christmas I bought my mom some Beatrice Potter books and they had jam on them, well I hope it was jam. Bryon has just about every Kurt Vonnegut book, all given to him from me, I am not the best gift giver so basically every holiday, birthday just for fun gift I have given him it's a Vonnegut book. He is our favorite author so we should own all his works right? His books have the best quotes, when I read his books I keep a notebook next to me and write my favorite lines. I will share a couple of my favorites

*"Pretend to be good always,and even God will be fooled."- God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater

*"Goodbye Blue Monday." -Breakfast of Champion

*"If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC"-Vonnegut's Blues for America

*Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.-Slaughterhouse-Five

OK that will do.

The point of this book post is that I have not picked up a book in over a month, I have listened to one on my iPod but the desire to pick up a book, one of my favorite things to do is gone. I have the time, I have the books but I have lost my book need. I hope it comes back. I think maybe it has something to do with my hand/arm, it's not strong, it's a limp, asleep appendage, I have been crocheting to build strength I type slower than a child, my handwriting takes serious concentration. Tomorrow I will pick up a book and see what happens. I need to fall in love with a good book, a new one or maybe an old friend like The Hours. If anyone has a book recommendation please send them along.
Love your sweaty friend,
Holly

2 comments:

  1. I suggest going to the library! Its free, and you can check out like 50 things and find one you like. Good luck!
    I just finished reading 'the 19th wife, a novel' (its not by a mormon, thus its interesting)
    I always love bestsellers and I always judge the book by the cover.
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird about the library sometimes, I think the books have been it the toilet rooms. probably every book in the world has huh? 19th wife going on the list thanks delli. and I want that shirt you were wearing the the other night you live far away so it would be ok if I copy hmmm, Imitation is the sincerest form of flatter. love Holly

    ReplyDelete