Thursday, September 3, 2009

“A Day in the Life”

I love music, well come on who doesn't. I hear a song and I remember something. Eddie Money reminds me of drives in my dad's red truck Two Tickets To Paradise baby. I hear Sandman by America and it reminds me of my cousin Luke and how he puppeted Kermit the Frog to sing the lyrics for a project we did for Science class in high school. I hear Daniel Johnston Fish and think of Bryon, I hear First Day of my life by Bright Eyes and think of Bryon. I hear Two Princes and think of my mom, I hear This Life is a Test and think of all my cousins and aunties and my Uncle Larry for thinking it's a Pest instead. Lately my friends it has been a serious PEST! I make iTunes playlist all the time depending on my mood or need. I have sleeping, cleaning, relaxing and very guity pleasure ridden playlists and tonight I am going to share my current favorite that I created, you should check out some of the tunes I think my taste in music is really really good ha ha.

Oxford Comma--Vampire Weekend

I Got The Reason #2--Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band

King Of Carrot Flowers Part 2 & 3--Neutral Milk Hotel

I Don't Want To Grow Up--Tom Waits

Paths Of Victory--Cat Power

Einstein on the Beach--Counting Crows

Age Of Consent--New Order

One More Hour--Sleater-Kinney

Old Man--Neil Young

I Don't Want To Know--Fleetwood Mac

The Fear--Lily Allen

LDN--Lily Allen

Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa--Vampire Weekend

Fish--Daniel Johnston

This Beard Is For Siobhán--Devendra Banhart

We Will Become Silhouettes--The Shins

Walcott-- Vampire Weekend

Enjoy my friends and look forward to tomorrow where I will posting some 3 am craft project pictures and also hopefully some improved ones I have in my brain for tonight's crazy craft lady party.

3 comments:

  1. I love that songs can bring a memory back to your mind and make you remember things from the past! I love that you have the memories you do with the people you love so very much. I love that I actually knew some of the songs and bands from your playlist! If I were a little techno-savvy, I would know how to download and upload and import them to my vintage ipod. Thanks for making me smile this morning - I Love You!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's the country or are you biased?? you need to be cultured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Brad I am sorry to say that country didn't make the list cause I don't listen to it that much, but there are exceptions I listen to Willie Nelson at least once a day and I love a good song by Garth Brooks or Johnny Cash, not any of the new stuff on the radio though. Am I still biased and not cultured?
    Holly

    ReplyDelete