Monday, September 7, 2009

Just call me Moon Face


Oh just another day in Paradise with me, Holly Vaughn. I had a great day and by great I mean really really awful night of no sleep, I take back my comment regarding having made peace with not sleeping because there are so many fun ways to fill the night, I was wrong, I just want to sleep. I don't want to watch The Way We Were, I don't want to listen to my iPod, I don't want to cut paper to make cards, I don't want to make to do list. I want to put my head on the pillow, I want to close my eyes, I want to wake up 8+ hours later. Not the 3 I have been getting from 6 to 9 am.

So I wake up at 9 today and had a good visit with my mom and brother Philip. This part of the day really was good. We chatted and ate bananas and my mom cleaned my dishes and Philip and Bryon played Guitar Hero. It was so nice to see Philip, he has always seemed like my older brother he is so smart, artistic and hilarious. My mom lives the love language of service, she is so loving in every way but she cleans my house and I feel very very special. Around 11:30 I started getting the disease, we will call it the green disease because it is when I start feeling like the hulk is going to take over my body, ya know Chris Benoit style. It is around this time that I make a comment about my face was feeling strange/hurting. Vicky takes a look, feels it, then Bryon takes a turn. It's tight and looks puffy, it's so tight it's like stretched looking on my cheek bones plus puffy, am I describing this well at all? Now it's time to google and wiki and get to the bottom of this condition, and this is what they find
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_face
http://www.medicinenet.com/cushings_syndrome/article.htm

OK so wonderful I am now more of a freak and this freak needs her bed and a dose of Xanax. My mom helped with that, and I vented oh heavens did I vent, I basically told her the same crap I write on here everyday but I did it straight very little pauses, why is my life so hard, why doesn't anyone like me, my mom is a great listener but I was in too deep in my D's (that's what we call depression in the Vaughn family, the D's then we usually follow it up with a This To Shall Pass and call it good.) I was sad and it couldn't be helped so I just went with it for a few hours till it was a little better. This post is pretty long, Miles will say.
Then the worst part of the whole day for a cry baby that is......Bryon went out to do some errands and forgot to get my frosty, my cool down feel better improve my day improve my life chocolate chip cookie dough frosty from Wendy's I almost died I kid you not. Of course he went back out like the hero that he is but man I need help. We watched Curb your Enthusiasm and I ate my frosty. It was a bad day for me but reading this post it really doesn't sound that bad, but it was it really was plus my arm won't stop tingling, I wonder if it's a good tingle or a bad one. I will for sure be calling my Dr. like I do almost every morning and bothering them with this! Now someone sing this song to me and all will be well, Audrey Hepburn will do....
Moon River, wider than a mile:
I'm crossin' you in style someday.
Old dream maker, you heartbreaker,
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin'your way.
Two drifters, off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end,
Waitin' round the bend,
My huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me. Thank You Uncle Mike for the salsa veggies can't wait to make it with Momma this week!

2 comments:

  1. Well Dolly - I love your rants and extra long posts! I also love how much you thank us for the smallest of things. It was wonderful to be able to come over and visit with Phil. I'm still trying to figure out a deal with the 'devil' so that you can get some much-needed sleep. I'll keep you posted on that. In the meantime, think happy thoughts and
    try to r-e-l-a-x....
    xoxo, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take this for what it is worth, which may not even be worth the t.p. you blow your nose into, BUT when I had my chest cracked open over 2 yrs. ago, I couldn't sleep worth a d@mn. My saving grace? The bathtub. I took a nice warm bath & I was out like a light. I couldn't sleep on my side(s), nor on my back & I wasn't about to sleep on my tummy. Of course, I can usually knock out in the tub. To each their own, I know, but that is what helped me. I couldn't fill the tub all the way, but 1/4 full was good enough for me.
    Where is the blog for the last few days??? Get w/ it. Most of us w/o a life depend upon you to...well, I forget.
    xoxoxo
    Sir Duke & Uncle Brad

    ReplyDelete