Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Needle and the Damage Done

Hello Dear Readers
I am a little behind on my blog it's hard to keep up when your face has grown to the size of well it's like a balloon clown face, it's not pretty I can't even open my mouth all the way and my cheeks are so big my eyes are all squinty. I got a really cute scarf online at Old Navy and I wrap it around my head and cover my face and hide in my house, It's not so bad.

Please wish with me it goes away before I know I have to leave the house....Sept. 28 Pearl Jam at the E-Center plus the Wishlist Foundation Party Raffle that Bryon is throwing at The Puck before the show, this is big people all the money is being donated to amazing causes and there will be signed Pearl Jam stuff along with other items and it's a party. Yesterday in the mail we got a package from Pearl Jam with posters and stickers it was like Christmas. I love this band. Come to the Party, Come to the show!

On to the next topic. My Dr visit and the reason for the needle and the damage done. The Dr stuck a needle into the top of my head, beforehand he told Bryon to sit down because well I guess he thought he might faint. I'm not sure, so he has this huge needle and he sticks it in my head and starts pulling out liquid from my head, we had looked at my MRI films before this and I looked like a cone head seriously it was very disturbing, he ended up pulling 20ml of fluid from my head. The liquid was a golden color and smelled quite bad. He sent it to the lab and put a band aid on my head. He is going to call tomorrow to tell me if it is something we need to worry about. I am worried because my head is soft on top which means it is filling with more liquid that will need to be taken out with a needle that goes into my head and well people it hurt. Oh and he said all of my side effects (sweating,crazy,emotional,fat face,hurt knees) will all go away when I go off steroids this week, I am skeptical, nothing about this has been easy so I am not getting my hopes up!

So now you are updated, Holly

1 comment:

  1. Wow. A needle in the top of your head. I'm cringing at the thought! I'm really glad that Bryon was there to help you through that. I missed having you home this week but it won't be long before you're here again. Thanks for taking care of all of us - you are the best!
    xo, Mom

    ReplyDelete