Saturday, September 5, 2009

Two Quotes for a Saturday

"Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath." Lyndon B. Johnson

I totally agree with Lyndon on this one...but I have no bathtub. I am thinking of the perfect one, the one I had in Mexico about 4 years ago on a wonderful family trip. We were all together the dad, the mom all the boys and the big sister. Cancun Mexico. We stayed at a Villa, we listened to Devandra Banhart, we walked to the ocean, we ate beans and rice for every meal, I read Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut for the very first time, be lounged by the little pool in the back yard and I had the bath. The tub was huge, I mean like 6 feet long 4 feet wide, it was tiled in blue and I think there was two faucets. I filled it all the way up, added some sort of minty bubble goodness and soaked for like an hour. I will always remember that trip as a family best and tub right up there.


"Life is a wretched gray Saturday, but it has to be lived through." Anthony Burgess

Life must have been hard for Anthony, well Saturday's at least. My life lately has been quite a few Saturday's and I am so ready for a Monday. But I must say some good stuff has happened lately too, for example I am so filled with crazy emotions that some are bound to be good. Like love, I have so much love for this world it's wild, I want to give everyone a hug, I want to solve every ones problems (which got me in some serious trouble last week, sorry Miles) I want everyone to know I love them, no really like adore them more than anyone has ever been adored in the history of the world. Whatever drug is giving me this side effect needs to be found and bottled. So now I am gonna tell everyone I love them. I love you Anthony and Lyndon, I love you family member, I love you friend, I love you Bryon. I love you Charlie from Lost. I love you Internets.

Goodnight Saturday and Hello Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Remember, all this love might be growing in the place where the tumor was. Nothing to do with the medications - right? This love will stay long after your prescriptions have expired. And I agree, our family vacation in Cabo was the best!
    xo, Mom

    ReplyDelete