Sunday, October 7, 2012

You and Me in Waikiki

We started the great 2012 Hawaiian adventure on Friday @ 2:30 pm when Bryon picked me up from MCG. It was hard to say goodbye since I will be off for 1 whole week!

We headed straight to Jazzie's to look at her suitcases for a carry on if we needed it.  We were very worried that our suitcases would be too heavy and we would be hit with huge extra charges.  We got to see our 2 favorite boys Ayden & Myles and their perfect Mom Jasmine.  Those Sorensen's make cute babies.  Jazzy also lent me a super pretty beach wrap.  I wanted to take all 3 of them with us!

We were on the road to St. George by 3:17 pm and we were very pumped.  We love long drives together. (most of the time :))  I was feeling like I needed a smallish nap so I drifted off to sleep while we listened to This America Life.

We made it to St. George in record time because Bryon is a pro driver.  St. George is one of our favorite places to go because we get to stay at G&G Colby's cute house.  We made it in without seeing off the alarm which is a big deal as I am pretty sure I have set if off twice.  (sorry Grandma!!)

We got settled and ordered a pizza and watched 30 Rock.  We found a scaled and weighed our suitcases and they were both underweight, thank you universe!  Bryon went to bed around 9:40 but I had so much anxiety + a little steroids in the system (I am old and have a bad hip) so I read for a bit and got to bed before midnight.

We were up at 3:15am and realized I had forgotten to pack my deodorant!!  Craps!  We cleaned up, locked up and headed out the door.  We had a nice drive to Vegas and played a little would you rather..  barfing toddler next to you or screaming baby? Seated between Lohan and Paris or Mitt and Michael Fassbender.  Of course I chose the second option.  I love Mitt's hair and I love Fassbenders everything else.

We failed to get a spot at the cheap park and ride and we both had to pee so we hauled butt to long term parking.  We got a little confused at the airport and couldn't find the ticket counter but after asking a Starbucks lady we got pointed in the right direction.  Security was a breeze.

The wait for the flight was relaxing and we boarded the plane in peace.  I also had a semi large dose of Xanax helping me along.  Upon finding our seats we realized the Glath was WAY too tall for the puny seats.  Poor guy!  He was able to get moved to an exit row at the frontish part of the plane.  My short legs got stuck in the back with strangers.  I missed Bryon so much.  I took another Xanax, put in my ipod and relaxed, even drifted to sleep for a bit. When I woke I decided it was time for a us to be in Hawaii but the pilot came on announced 3 more hours!!!

When we finally touched down and found each other it was very sweet and magically (lol) We bee lined it to baggage claim and then to the shuttle.

The last time I was in Hawaii we stayed at my Grandparents condo and it was so cool to see it again!  The Koi pond full of huge fish were still here!  The room is beautiful and the view is breathtaking!  We unpacked and headed to Waikiki beach to take a look and get some dinner.  We went to ABC and got some beverages and nuts.  ABC stores are EVERYWHERE!!

We found great burger/bar place called Cheeseburger in Paradise and got dinner to go.  I had the most amazing, unique meal called Loco Moco which is rice, hamburger patty, tons of brown gravy and onions with 2 eggs on top!  I loved it I want to eat it for every meal!

I basically passed out on the couch at 9 and Bryon soon followed.  So glad to be here with my amazing husband, he is so good to me especially when I get anxious or frustrated he knows how to talk me down.

Please enjoy these pics from our 1st Full day in Hawaii.  I will get on post the excitement of Day 2 which includes salty salt lick ocean, 14 visits to the ABC store, sunburns and the time change. xoxoHVG




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see more pictures! By the way, you are an excellent writer! Love it, love you! :) Miss your beautiful face. Come back so we can celebrate your birthday!

    ReplyDelete