Friday, November 6, 2009

It's Out

I got my PICC line removed yesterday. I was so worried I would have to keep it in for another week! When Dr. T. said it could come out I started crying with happiness and relief. I was a little scared for the removal because when they put it in it was quite a procedure, the line goes all the way to the heart area. The nurse came in and I tried to get Bryon to hold my hand but he was on the other side of the room, the nurse assured me it wouldn't hurt, and by the time Bryon got to me it was out and I didn't feel a thing! Bryon said it was pretty nasty looking coming out, the nurse kept pulling and pulling.

I thought I would feel better immediately but alas I still feel terrible. I guzzled Gatorade and paid the prize yesterday and today, you would think I would learn. (Gatorade smells like a Popsicle coming up, ask my Mom) So the complaning will continue! Ha. I have hope I will feel better by Monday maybe sooner but knowing my recovery it will be a week, until then if you need me I will be in the bathroom with my head in the toilet.

Holly

2 comments:

  1. It's been so great to talk to you each day and get a new update about how much better you're feeling! I know you were sick of hearing how it would just take time to heal and that's got to be frustrating. Your doctors and the nurses are always so optimistic and hopeful. Listen to them and keep thinking positive, healing, healthy thoughts. I love you!
    xo, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly what happened to your blogging status, I always read even if I have read it already once before, just know that you are always on my mind, not in a creepy kind of way but in a I wonder how Holly is kind of way. Hope to hear from you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete