Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I have returned!



I just got back from a 7 day fun-filled trip to Bear Lake with 4 adults, 3 teenagers and 2 kids. Wow it was really tough at times since none of the kids are mine so I can't kick them if they misbehave but most of the time they were sweet and cute and we did crafts or ate rock or played in the lake.

Last Saturday Bryon told me he wanted to have a date night, so we went into town for a Famous Bear Lake Raspberry Shake, well as it turns out they have a dirty little secret, Bear Lake Raspberries aren't ripe yet so they were using Paradise raspberries! I couldn't believe it! So we got our frozen treats and headed back to our beach as Bryon wanted to take a walk on the beach at sunset (so unlike him) So we head out of the car and as we do he grabs a bag from the trunk and I am thinking
"Sweet! Presents!!"

We walk a bit then find a staff table and sit down. Then Bry take out the most beautiful goblets and pours us each a drink, then he plays some tunes on his phone. It's all very romantic, the sun is setting, we have something sparkly to drink and Neil Young to listen to. Then Tom Waits starts playing Downtown Train, and we dance it was sweet then he got down on one knee and pulled out a bag and asked me to officially be his wife, I cried and said yes. Bryon and his sis ans sis in law had spent the morning in a antique jewelry store and found the perfect ring. I am so happy 2 months to go till I am Mrs. Glathar!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Congratulations!! What a beautiful engagement story and ring!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty Holly!! Congrats, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that ring is gorgeous and what a cute way to ask!! Congrats Holls. You better send me an invite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that ring! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete